The Taiwanese government through the Ministry of Education (MoE) provides scholarships to international students to study in Taiwan at undergraduate, postgraduate, and postgraduate levels with the MOE Taiwan Scholarship 2023 program.
This scholarship gives recipients the freedom to choose a study program at any university in Taiwan. However, you must first register and be accepted at a university in Taiwan, including following all the stages/selection process. Because each university has different application deadlines and selection schedules, you have to make a separate schedule, OK?
Some of the universities and departments that receive this scholarship are:
- National Taipei University (all programs)
- National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (all programs)
- Taipei Medical University (all courses)
- National Taipei University of Education (all programs)
- CTBC Business School
a. Graduate School of Financial Management Programs
b. Bachelor of Business Administration – Financial Management Program
This scholarship is awarded to international students for:
- S1 level: 4 years
- S2 level: 2 years
- S3 level: 4 years
Following are the conditions for getting this scholarship:
Criteria for applicants for the MOE Taiwan Scholarship
- Not being a student in Taiwan, unless you are about to graduate.
- Never studied in Taiwan at the same level
- Not currently in a student exchange program or entering a joint degree with a university in Taiwan
- Have never received a scholarship in Taiwan for a maximum of 5 years
- Never got the MoE Taiwan Scholarship
- Did not receive a scholarship from the Taiwan government when applying for this scholarship
MOE Taiwan Scholarship registration requirements
The following requirements must be submitted to Taiwan’s representative in Indonesia, namely the Taipei Economic and Trade Office (TETO) in Jakarta. The required documents are:
- The scholarship application form is available at the Taiwan representative office in Jakarta
- Passport copy
- Copy of diploma and its translation in English or Chinese
- Copies of academic transcripts and their translations in English or Chinese
- Copy of proof of having registered at a university in Taiwan such as:
- Proof of payment of the registration fee
- Registration form
- Notifications or emails from universities in Taiwan indicating that your application has been accepted
- Copy of English or Chinese proficiency certificate
- TOCFL level 3
- 2 letters of recommendation
MOE Taiwan Scholarship scholarship coverage
- Tuition fees up to NTD 40,000 per semester.
- Cost of living:
- Bachelor level: NTD 15,000 per month
- Masters and Doctoral level: NTD 20,000 per month
How to apply for the MOE Taiwan Scholarship
- Register at the destination university
- Upload/send the required documents to the destination university. This requirement document may differ from the document requirements in this article. For that, go to the website of your destination university to find out.
- After being accepted by the destination university, send the required registration documents in this article to the Taipei Economic and Trade Office (TETO) which is located at 16F Gd. Artha Graha, Jl. General Sudirman Kav.52-53, Jakarta 12190, Indonesia.
- Don’t forget to write “Registration for MoE Taiwan Scholarship” on the front of the envelope
- After submitting the documents, fill out the TETO online form.
MOE Taiwan Scholarship Application Schedule
- Acceptance of documents at TETO: February 1 to March 31
- Individual scholarship announcement via email: June 6