Talking about scholarships, it turns out that they are not only needed by people who are going to study at tertiary institutions. At the high school or vocational level, there are also many that provide various scholarship or exchange programs, aka student exchanges, which can be an attractive choice for you.
Come on, let’s see until the end of the discussion of this article with various lists of foreign high school scholarships!
1. ASEAN Scholarship MOE Singapore
This scholarship can be an interesting choice for those of you who really want to find a junior high or high school scholarship in Singapore for 4 to 6 years. The scholarship covers living expenses of S$2200 per year which will be remitted periodically, housing, moving costs, airfare, GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees, and medical benefits.
The requirements for this scholarship are to have a certificate of English proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, or TOEIC), excellent report cards, and have participated in extracurricular activities and have leadership experience in schools.
To take part in this scholarship, pay attention to the following important dates:
- Online registration: May 1 – June 30
- Attend exams and interviews: August – September (tentative)
- Selected candidates will be notified 1 week in advance to take the exam and interview.
- Exams and interviews will be held in Jakarta and Surabaya.
- Announcement via email: October
- Arrival in Singapore: November
2. Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES)
This program, funded by the United States Ministry of Home Affairs, provides full scholarships to Indonesian high school students to study for 1 year in the United States. You will also live with an American family called the host family.
To become a candidate for this scholarship, students are required to have academic and non-academic skills. This program also provides facilities for students with disabilities to register.
If you are interested, you must register through the Intercultural Development site page which is open from 27 August to 18 September.
- The candidate is currently sitting in grade 1 or 2 SMA/SMK/MA
- Born between January 15, 2006 to August 1, 2007
- Have a minimum score of 80 for all subjects
- Have a championship certificate at the city / district level
- Active in school organizations
- Certificate of birth
- Letter of consent from parents
- Medical certificate
- Has immunized Polio, DTaP, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Meningitis
- United States Visa
- Return flight ticket
- Domestic transportation costs in Indonesia and the United States
- Placement fees in US host families and schools
- Orientation prior to departure and arrival in the United States
- Extracurricular program
- Health Insurance
- Monthly fee