An overseas scholarship program that is currently open comes from Malaysia. The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) is funded by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and is intended for international applicants (including from Indonesia) who are interested in pursuing Masters (S2) programs at universities in Malaysia. Here’s more information.
MTCP Scholarship by Malaysian Government FULL Scholarship
COVERAGE OF THE MTCP SCHOLARSHIP:
- Tuition fees
- Other costs of RM3,500 per month which includes:
a. Cost of living
b. Book costs
c. tools allowance
d. Residential rental costs
e. Placement allowance
f. thesis fee
g. Travel expenses
h. Cost of practical training
i. Final study allowance
j, Health allowance
UNIVERSITY OPTIONAL LIST:
- University of Malaya (UM)
- National University of Malaysia (UKM)
- Malaysian Science University (USM)
- Men’s University of Malaysia (UPM)
- Malaysian University of Technology (UTM)
- Petronas University of Technology (UTP)
- Malaysia International Islamic University (UIAM/IIUM)
- University of Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- University of Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- MARA University of Technology (UiTM)
- Malaysian Energy University (UNITEN)
- University of North Malaysia (UUM)
- University of Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- University of Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Malaysian National Defense University (UPNM)
- University of Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Sultan Idris Education University (UPSI)
- Islamic Science University Malaysia (USIM)
- Malaysia Technical University Melaka (UTEM)
- Tun Hussein Onn University Malaysia (UTHM)
- University of Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Sultan Zainal Abidin University (UNISZA)
- International Center For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
PRIORITY STUDY FIELDS OF MTCP SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Science, Technology and Engineering (excluding Nursing, Medicine, Clinical Pharmacy)
- Economics, Finance, Management and Banking
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Information and communication technology
- International Relations and Political Science
- Agriculture and Aquaculture
Participants can choose study programs related to the fields of study above.
MTCP SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
- Age not more than 45 years.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent at the previous Bachelor level.
- Proof of English proficiency with a minimum IELTS score of 6 or TOEFL iBT of 70 or equivalent.
- Have a good health condition.
- Participants must take a postgraduate study program full-time at the intended Malaysian university.
- This program is only intended for participants who have received an Admission Offer Letter from at least 1 university in Malaysia and have not yet started their studies OR participants who have studied for no more than 1 semester for the Masters Program at a Malaysian university.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (scanned in PDF format):
- Application Form (filled in the online system)
- Admission Offer Letter from universities in Malaysia for the 2022/2023 academic year
- Letter of Recommendation from 2 recommenders
- Statement of Commitment (Statement of Intent)
- Official copy of Academic Transcript;
a. The set of courses taken at the previous level of study must be listed on the academic transcript
b. Participants must include undergraduate academic transcripts that have been taken
c. Participants must include an official document containing an explanation of the assessment system issued by the university at their previous level of study
- curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of English proficiency test (TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/CAE/CPE/MUET/equivalent)
- Certified copy of passport as proof of citizenship
- Health test results
- Proof of the COVID-19 vaccine
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MTCP SCHOLARSHIP:
- Before registering for the MTCP Scholarship, participants can first register at the intended university (at one of the universities mentioned above) to obtain an Admission Offer Letter for the 2022/2023 Academic Year. Procedures for registration as a student can be opened on the website of each university.
- Furthermore, to register for the MTCP Scholarship, participants must fill out the online registration form via the following link: https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/index.php . Click on the words Click Here to MTCP Online Application System .
- Attach the softcopy of the document file mentioned above (in PDF format).
- The deadline for registration is 16 JULY 2022 .
- Only participants who pass the selection will receive a notification via email to proceed to the interview session.
- The interview session will be held online in English. Participants are expected to prepare a PowerPoint presentation containing the reasons for applying for the chosen study and its relation to future career plans as well as motivation for applying for scholarships based on academic, professional and personal interests.